When I’m not preaching funerals, spending time with my family, watching the Atlanta Braves play, or reading a book—currently, Coronavirus and Christ by John Piper—I’m producing new episodes of Sunday Manuscripts, a captivating, comprehensive pilgrimage through the Bible one passage at a time. The current season of the podcast features the book of Ephesians.
Articles and notes
- United with Christ
- Salvation past, present, and future in Ephesians
- The resolution of redemptive history
- God gives us purpose through spiritual revelation
- How generous is God?
- What does the Bible say about forgiveness?
- One article on COVID-19 you should read
- What does it mean to be redeemed by God?
- Marvel at the death of God’s Son
- Why did God choose us?
- When did God choose us?
- Is the doctrine of election biblical?
- The blessings of the new covenant
- Why should we praise God?
- Grace to you and peace
- How does someone become a saint?
- Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ
- The riches of God’s grace
- Outlining the first year of Jesus’s ministry
- Outlining the Gospels’ introduction to the life of Jesus
- My chronological harmony of the Gospels
- Christian Christmas gift ideas for readers and writers
- A funeral sermon on leaving a legacy
- The best notebooks for Bible study: ESV, KJV Scripture Journals
- Trusting God when you don’t understand what he’s doing
- How to survive winter when you really hate it
- A biblical perspective on suffering and lousy days
- Did Paul believe in the Trinity?
- Should you take social media breaks?
- Time, word count, and an aspiration to write books
- Living like it’s 1999
- Learning from Paul to make disciples
- Why I moved my blog from WordPress to Blot
- A brief review of ‘Unfollow’ by Megan Phelps-Roper
- Websites should not be so slow
- The apostle Paul’s urgent mission
- A Christian mother joins the penitent thief of Luke 23 in paradise
- How does someone in funeral service deal with death day after day?
If you’d like to reach me, my preferred method of online communication is email. Write to email@example.com. You can also reply to me on Twitter. Send me your comments and questions, or just say hello.
I built this website from scratch using only HTML, CSS, and a few Mustache tags. Cookies, tracking, ads, and pop-ups are not included. It runs on the blogging platform, Blot. I use Dropbox to host its files and iA Writer to type and format posts. Cloudflare provides increased security and performance. All images are processed by Dither it!, a tool that removes colors to make images less resource-intensive. I send episodes of Sunday Manuscripts with the help of Substack.
Some Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Some Scripture quotations have been taken from the Christian Standard Bible®, Copyright © 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible® and CSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.